How we love General Conference weekend!! We are especially grateful for the opportunity to sustain our new apostle. Elder D. Todd Christofferson, and First Presidency, President Henry B. Eyring, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, and especially our new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. As President Monson spoke on Sunday, Dustin and I felt our own personal witness that President Monson is truly now our modern day prophet. (and I believe Benjamin felt it, too, as he got all excited when he saw him, exclaiming, "It's Prezdent Monson, mommy! It's Prezdent Monson on the TV!" In his own childlike way, he knows he is a special and important man and friend to Jesus, even His prophet).We know President Monson has been especially prepared throughout his life to be the leader of our Savior's Church at this time in the latter-days. As Elder Holland so eloquently put it, we also feel "the most improtant privilege we have had has been to witness personally the settling of the sacred prophetic mantle upon [President Thomas S. Monson's] shoulders almost as it were by the very hand of angels themselves". It is true.
We are so grateful for the fullness of the Lord's Gospel on the Earth today, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and that He continues to lead His Church today through wise, righteous, devoted, loving, worthy, and steadfast Prophet and leaders. We are blessed to know and live truth in a world of confusing and conflicting morals and ideals. We have such great peace and foundational joy in our little home, with our lives anchored in a firm and joyful testimony of our Savior and His Gospel. We are grateful, so very grateful. :)
6 comments:
I know that I don't comment very often, but I do check a lot! I love to read what you write... Melinda, you have such a beautiful way with words. I think you should write for a living, it is definitely a talent. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings so eloquently with all of us. (And also for sharing your beautiful family.... it is so fun to watch the boys grow!)
Good to have a post from you again - I've been wondering where you went lately! THank you for your beautiful thoughts. Cameron and I also had a wonderful experience watching conference this last weekend.
YEA for conference.
Ditto to what Shan said. You are such an amazing woman! We love you so much! Our love to your fam.
Conference was marvelous. I know I will forever remember this conference for obvious reasons, but also there were so many important doctrines taught. I learned so much and am excited to go about my daily life with new found excitement for living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Well said. I just love conference!
And it is very nice to see a new post from one of my mentor bloggers.
:)
Post a Comment