Naturally, I was feeling pretty frustrated at first, but then the many succeeding small acts of service given by random kind people around me transformed this "mini-disaster" into a sweet experience of remembrance of the quiet goodness within the many people I see everyday. Friends, acquaintances, and even strangers took time to help me in various ways keep my groceries safe and intact until I could pay and to contact Dustin to get our card. These small-- but to me, significant-- kindnesses have filled me with a sweet gratitude and admiration for the great good in people. Even in the middle of the "ordeal", my eyes were opened to the goodness of others, and I feel so much joy in that!
I am thankful:
*
for my angel baby who smiled, giggled, and contently played through the WHOLE trip and ordeal, even though his lunch and nap ended up being over an hour and a half late (he must've been starving and exhusted, but who knew? He was a little joy--- and a very sweet, quiet strength, helping me to be positive and hopeful...) When we got home, he even played happily, with only a few vague complaints, while I unloaded the groceries and put away all the refrigerator and freezer stuff.) He's AMAZING!! Truly, my angel baby. (Isn't he a beautiful little boy?)*it was a Wednesday morning--- this particular Wednesday morning when Benjamin was safe and happy at Susan's house and that neither she nor I had any impending obligations
*Susan, for willingly and cheerfully keeping Benjamin an extra almost 2 hours
*the Wal-mart employees who went out of their way to keep my groceries safe and intact (HUGE blessing!!! Can't imagine having to do the shopping trip ALL OVER AGAIN). They even put my two carts (that is what my one full cart ends up being after getting scanned and bagged...I did mention this was our big monthly trip, right?) in the meat cooler to keep my refrigerator stuff from going bad! Best of all, they were all so sweet--- they didn't make me feel stupid or troublesome at all... as if it happened all the time. Maybe it does... :)
*the random people I called in attempt to contact my husband, for doing all they could to help me (giving me clues to his location, cell phone numbers of people who might be with him, etc.)
*especially for Celeste, for going out of her way to find Dustin and get our card and, with her little daughter in tow, bring it to me at Wal-mart... she really went the extra mile and I deeply appreciate that
*Dustin, for being the kind of man and husband I could easily call for help, depend on-- who easily forgives and dismisses my faults, my "forgetfulness" and other weaknesses, and shows me each day how much he loves and admires me, appreciates me...
*The thoughtful Wal-mart manager who helped get my groceries to my car... and shared with me how her daughter had recently been in a horrible car accident, but was spared her life and injuries, which then influenced a huge rush of gratitude as I felt grateful her daughter and the other people were okay, and that my family is so often protected from danger, that we are individually cared for and watched over and blessed each day, each moment by a loving, personal Heavenly Father and Savior... and that I have learned throughout my life to know Them, love Them, serve Them...
This little experience, as it forced me to depend on the kindness of others, in a way helped me feel closer to my Brothers and Sisters around me, the "strangers" and "acquaintances" who are actually Heavenly Father's children, who have their own lives, their own stories, their own troubles and triumphs. The greatest triumphs I witnessed the other day were the sacrifices of time and effort, small or big, given to help me through a frustrating ordeal. Granted, there is much evil in this world, but, truly, I am surrounded by beauiful people-- quick to help, quick to sympathize, quick to share support and service. This little post is a tribute to those beautiful people who touched my life that day. :)
4 comments:
So amazing that what could have been a real disaster turned into a great experience! Benjamin is such a good boy... I'd keep him late any day! :)
What a great experience. It is great you have that recorded so you can share with your little ones the ways that the Lord manifests himself in our everyday lives.
I love you! Your positive and kind attitude is priceless. :) As are you.
I'm so glad everything worked out for you!! It's amazing how God tells us He's there watching over us. You are a wonderful mother! Your blog is SO fun to read. Charlie and Joseph were looking at it while I was reading it and Charlie said, "Look, it's Benjamin's baby!!" They can't wait to meet Jonathan!!
Hey my dear friend!
I love the Santa pictures. So cute!
And your experience with shopping reminds me that there are truly so many good people in the world. You are blessed to have realized that lesson in the midst of a crazy adventure.
Hope you are having a great Holiday!
Love ya,
Linda
Post a Comment