Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy 2008! We had a wonderful Christmas break at my family's house in Mississippi. My parents will be moving to Missouri in a couple of months, so it was our last hurrah in the Delta. I love our MS home, but Missouri will be a very exciting adventure.
Though it's time to get back into the "real life" swing of things, we loved having some precious family time with my parents, my brother and sister at home, and my sister and her new husband (though missing my bro on a mission in Spain). Benjamin and Jonathan were completely adored (which was a pretty sweet break for Dustin & me). Christmas morning was a lot of fun, too-- Benjamin FINALLY got his Spiderman toy-- and loves it. :) We were spoiled (especially our boys) as we brought home a full extra suitcase of gifts. We had some good times together, playing games by the fire, the traditional Christmas program, out to a couple of movies, our day trip to the Jackson Zoo and a yummy Southern BBQ dinner at Corky's, outing to the park, and just hanging out and enjoying being together. We are so blessed with a loving, fun, and tight family! Can't wait till next Christmas! ;)

4 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

What a beautiful family! I'm glad you had a wonderful Holiday, as did we. And I love that idea of going to the Nursing Home with the kids. I'll have to add that to my list of things to do with my little guy.
By the way, we changed our Blog Address. Here it is:
http://littlefamilyjld.blogspot.com/
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

sister!!! that's a nice way to condense the whole break. :) i'm about to call you and see how to work my blog again. i saw your "quiz about your man" haha on your melinda/dustin blog and i don't know how to retrieve it to do it for ya. anyway, i love you so much. i miss you and all your boys. you're amazing!!!!

LeAnne said...

Your family is so great! Family is the best and nothing beats Christmas with the family. Sorry we kinda missed each other. Hopefully we can sit down and visit soon.

Cherity said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog!! I love the advice. I'm definatly trying those ones out!!