Benjamin will be 3 in just a couple of weeks (Can't believe it... that little adage about motherhood-- "the days are long, but the years go FAST" is so true!). He's at that stage where he is constantly narrating his life ("Mommy, I eating... Mommy, I going potty... Mommy, I playing..." etc. etc. etc.) and he repeats everything at least three times ("Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, I eating, I eating crackers, Mommy, I eating...etc.) and then needs me to repeat it at least twice as well ("Wow, yes, son, you're eating, good job eating your crackers..." etc. etc. etc.). Naturally, it just about drives me crazy, except that he's genuinely excited about everything he does and his grin and laugh and childlike pride in everything he "accomplishes" does make me feel happy for him... well, and not to mention the earnest prayers each morning pleading for patience... :). Anyways, he's also at that age where he is determined to be independent, which leads into our current serious potty training (yes, serious this time... I shall spare you the nasty details). What I am loving about this age, though, is his developing imagination and creative play. He's been playing pretend (with his cars, with his animals, with his "guys", with his blankets and pillows, with his food, with the piano--- pretty much everything) for awhile now. I love seeing him totally engaged in his own world of, well, I'm not really sure, but it looks fun. He's totally all boy and we sure love him! Here's some evidences we see almost daily that remind us there is a little boy living at our house...Ah, yes... thank heavens for little boys... :)



1 comment:
So so sooooo cute! I too am enthralled by this world of make believe play. I try to get involved in the once in a blue moon day she asks me to, but really I just don't quite have what it takes. Where on earth do they come up with it?
Post a Comment