Sunday, May 4, 2008

Visitors!

We've had lots of family visitors the past couple weeks. YEA! I miss my family SO much, it's wonderful when we get to see them.

My sister, Mari, and her husband Josh spent the weekend with us a couple weeks ago. We had a GREAT time together! On Saturday, we went to the Zoo. It was a cloudy, breezy day-- perfect for the zoo! We took a *bunch of pictures and had a fabulous time. Later, my sister, who has a great sense of style and talent for putting together cute outfits and matching accessories (a gift I do not have) took me on a really fun (and very SUCCESSFUL) shopping trip. My wardrobe definitely got its much-needed lift, so now I can dress cute more often than not. ;) Now to do something with my hair... Anyways, we also had a good time hanging out, going out to eat, playing DDR, and playing Settlers. Good times. I was sad to take them to the airport early Monday morning, but I'm so grateful they were able to come, for at least a little while. I'm glad Mari & Josh could see my little family in their element and visit our home. We miss them already.

The blow of departing with Mar & Josh was softened knowing I'd see my mom the following Thursday. HURRAY! I LOVED having her with us! Of course, she totally spoiled my kids (that's what Grammys are for!). My favorite part about her visit was just having her around, hanging out, talking, soaking in my very own mom-time (I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful mom!). We also went on some fun outings. Mom took us out to eat at Chevy's and then to see "Horton Hears a Who" (which was actually really funny! I was skeptical, but it turned out to be very clever and quite amusing). Another day, we went to the Museum for Youth which has a little kids' town area called Artville. Benjamin loved playing around in all the little houses and buildings, everything kid-sized. Jonathan loved the infant play area, especially the *mirrors. He seemed to think his several reflections were other nice babies there to play with him. He was just thrilled by their presence-- it was pretty funny. That night, after kids were in bed we watched Cloverfield (unique and interesting... worth a watch if you can edit out the swearing. ;) ). Another day, Mom bought her and I Mimi's and then we took the boys to McDonalds, which they both enjoyed. Benjamin loves the Playplace, but he climbed up too high and got scared (don't ask me why), so I had to climb up and rescue him... twice. Sheesh. That night, Mom and I went to Coldstone's-- YUM! Luckily, the next day Mom had an evening flight, so we could squeeze in one more day of fun. We went to the park (very pleasant weather!), and then got free ice cream at Ben & Jerry's for their free cone day. More *good times and memories. Mom flew out Tuesday evening. We miss her already, too. It was a great visit. Now it's back to "normal" life. Sigh. I really enjoyed being spoiled with family, but I guess it's good to get back into our routine again (what little I can maintain, anyways).
Quick shout-out: Thanks SO much, Mar, Josh, and Mom, for coming all that way to come see us! We know it wasn't convenient (or cheap, for that matter), but it means so much to us!!! We sure love you!!!!!

PS: The "*" marks a link to more pictures or video clips. You can browse around the albums and check out other pics and movies, too. Enjoy! :)

5 comments:

Susan said...

So fun! What a great past couple of weeks you've had with your family in town to play! :) Before we had Becca we visited the Mesa youth museum a few times with Emma and she loved it! She like that little hole that jonathan was playing in with the mirrors, mostly because she could sit up in the hole - this was when she was really small and still couldn't sit up on her own. Anyway, I wish we had that kids museum up by us - it's way fun!

mommyshan said...

It was so fun to read this with Jo, seeing as I'm still visiting... it's great to have your sister around. We also love your mom so much, we had such a fun time together. You are definitely blessed to have such a great family!

tessa said...

Aren't mom's the best? Sounds like such a relaxing fun time. I can't wait till mine comes next month.

kjera said...

how fun to see family!!! I hope I get to see some of mine soon!!

Jenni McVey said...

I totally agree about family!!! It's so fun to have your mom around once in a while to bask in her "momness"! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with her.