STRESSED: My poor sweetie! Dustin takes the Boards NEXT WEEK (Tuesday and Thursday). He is actually taking TWO major comprehensive tests, the USMLE and the COMLEX, and he is very anxious and stressed about it. One of his professors told the class that preparing for and taking the Boards would be one of the top 5 worst experiences of their life. I believe it. There's been this black cloud of anxiety and stress looming about our home the past month. We will be so relieved and incredibly HAPPY! when he is finally finished. He (and I'm sure all the other med students taking the Boards right now) would sure appreciate your prayers to help him get through these monumental exams. We appreciate your love and support so much!!!
PROUD: On a lighter, more cheerful note, I had my piano recital May 24. My goodness, I'm
ONE YEAR OLD: On May 25, our Baby Boy turned one!! I finally got a whole bunch of *pictures and *videos uploaded, so now, to the inexpressible joy to many of you, I'm sure, I shall expound upon Jonathan's fabulous little birthday party (this is especially for you, dear Momma! :) ). Benjamin was super excited about Jonathan's birthday and presents and cake and everything. He helped me wrap the gifts the night before and then made Jonathan's cupcakes, pretty much by himself (including mixing the ingredients, *putting the batter in the cup cake cups, and frosting and decorating them-- I thought he did a superb job for a 3 year-old). After Church and Jonathan's nap, the festivities began! (Benjamin sure had a heck of a time waiting... he kept
trying to wake up Jonathan, which is a major no-no because Jonathan's one cranky kid when he's tired). The party turned out to be a bit more eventful than planned. I think Jonathan enjoyed it, more or less. *He loved his musical card from Grammy and Grampa-- he even "danced" a little for the first time when he opened it up and heard the music. We did discover, however, that it is extremely stressful for Benjamin to witness his little brother having all the birthday attention (Have any of you gone through this?). At first he was very excited, if not a bit *overly helpful. He really did *try hard to help Jonathan enjoy his birthday, but towards the end of opening presents, he pretty much had a *melt-down
because Jonathan wasn't playing with his new toys "the right way" and we kept "encouraging"
Benjamin not to *run off with Jonathan's new toys (He claimed Jonathan was "sharing"). Benjamin's "taking over" was okay for awhile, since Jonathan was pretty oblivious and indifferent to the whole thing. It just got to the point, though, where it became too hard for Benjamin "share and be nice" anymore... I understand... but then, Jonathan still ought to be able to play with his birthday presents on his birthday, at least a little bit... right? At the same time, if was kind of difficult to hold Jonathan's attention on the whole birthday thing as he kept getting distracted by the video camera. Anyways, after presents, we had the birthday cupcakes! Yay! Jonathan was pretty *fascinated by the candle and devoured his cupcake. It was his first sugar experience and he absolutely loved it. Benjamin cooled down, enjoyed his cake, and *all's well that end's well. We love our little Jonathan so much-- he is so delightful and fun! He brings our home so much joy. We were happy to spend a day celebrating him and the wonderful year we've had together.
Have a great weekend!!! :)
5 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you're teaching piano! I'm just starting up again and boy have I missed it! Thanks for posting - it's so fun to keep up with you and your cute family. Good luck to Dustin and Happy B-Day to JOnathan!
Wow you guys have been really busy!! We will keep you in our prayers for Dustin. Man your kids are really well for all the trauma they have been through recently. They are stong boys!
I heard about the piano recital from Natalie, I'm so glad that's working out for you. I'm sure you're doing great with those kids ... I miss them!
Flo
you're incredible. i loved this amazing update. xoxo
I feel for you with the doctor... we still have to have people hold Vincent (145 pounds) down when he gets shots. Way to go with the piano teaching!
Post a Comment