This past Friday was the first day of the State Fair--- and Dollar Day! So, after Dustin got off work, we packed a picnic dinner and made our way downtown. It was quite a little adventure. (On her blog, a friend of mine (who also went) sums up very well what I mean by "adventure". ;) ) All in all, though, it was a whole lot of fun and we're glad we went. It reminded me of the fun we had last year when the boys and I went with my mom. I can't believe it's been a year. Good memories!!
We figured since we saved a bundle on admission, we could spluge a little on the rides. Benjamin
, of course, thought the *rides were the absolute
coolest thing ever. My favorite is always the big *ferris *wheel. We went after it was dark and it was awesome to see a bird's-eye view of all the lights.
There's also tons and tons of fun kiddie areas, which both boys
loved. Even though we ended up staying until 10pm, Jonathan was a trooper and just *played and *played and PLAYED. The boys especially loved the petting zoo, which included some fun exotic animals like a zebra, camel, ostrich, emu, and giraff. Our little guys were sure pooped by the end, but I think it was some good family memory-making. :)
, of course, thought the *rides were the absolute
coolest thing ever. My favorite is always the big *ferris *wheel. We went after it was dark and it was awesome to see a bird's-eye view of all the lights.
There's also tons and tons of fun kiddie areas, which both boys
loved. Even though we ended up staying until 10pm, Jonathan was a trooper and just *played and *played and PLAYED. The boys especially loved the petting zoo, which included some fun exotic animals like a zebra, camel, ostrich, emu, and giraff. Our little guys were sure pooped by the end, but I think it was some good family memory-making. :)
4 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun. My boys were about the same age as Benjamin when they fell in love with amusement park rides. :)
Wahoo!!! That looks like some super family fun! I love fairs! There's always so much to do, if only there were a few less people!!!
It's sooo much fun to see the things you're doing as a family. I can relate to the contentment and happiness you feel as you watch your boys and realize how blessed we are to raise them in such favorable circumstances. I'm so proud of you young parents, knowing that parenting can present huge challenges. lots of love,
Great Grandma Doris
CUTE PICS. i'm a sucker for the fair. let's take our kids together someday!!! love you!!!!!
Post a Comment