Thursday, January 8, 2009

Who's Got Glasses?

Jonathan!

Jonathan's right eye is a bit "lazy", so we are trying glasses to correct it. We got them a few weeks ago (yes, blessedly before we left!), and he has worn them rather well. I expected a constant fight to keep them on, but (perhaps his vision was worse than we thought) he actually waits patiently when I put them on and wears them pretty contentedly throughout the day.

I didn't like them at first... our selection was very limited and I thought he looked kind of silly (especially since the lenses magnify his eyes a bit--reminds me of Ralphie from A Christmas Story). But over the past few weeks, the glasses have become a part of Jonathan's charm and cuteness, and now I absolutely adore my little four-eyes. :)


PS: Holiday Update coming....eventually. ;) We're lovin' our "break" here in the midwest!

15 comments:

BensonFam said...

Oh my goodness he's adorable!! I'm so glad he isn't fighting you on them and that he's adjusting to them well.

Sarah Stout said...

We had to get that helmet for Aaron when he was five months I felt the same way about getting it and then after a week it became part of him.

I think his glasses are stinkin cute!! And that is pretty lucky about him not wanting them off.

Say Hi to the fam for me! Hope you guys are having a blast out there!

Kristi said...

Those pictures are great! I heard you get to stay with your family for a little while, how fun!

Heidi said...

Love the picture of him. He's always SO happy! We missed you guys at Christmas. Have fun with your family!

Jenni McVey said...

He looks so cute!!! I can see the Ralphie resemblance, but who doesn't love Ralphie?!?!? AND your little guy is a million times cuter than he is any day!

LeAnne said...

Oh goodness! He is adorable. :) That first picture is classic.

I had a lazy eye and had to do the same glasses that magnified my eyes too. (Except my right eye was perfect vision and my left was the bad one...so one was magnified and one wasn't...) I also had to wear a patch on my good eye to get my other to work.

Hope your Christmas was wonderful!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Oh, he is just so cute! And just think how cute those pictures will be in his Wedding video someday! :)

mommyshan said...

What a cute little guy!

kim said...

Melinda, he looks adorable, there was no need to worry at all.

tessa said...

A face like that makes anything look adorable. What a sweetie and glad they're not just for looks -doing their job too!

Sara said...

I love that picture!!! Too cute, hope you guys are having a wonderful break!

kjera said...

he is so stinkin cute with those glasses! I lvoe your reference to Ralphie that cracked me up but he much cuter!!

Susan said...

LOVE him in his glasses! Glad to hear he's taking to them well. :)

Mari Kjar said...

i think i have looked at this post 6 separate occasions... just for a smile. cutest ever. love it.

Julie said...

Jonathan is a cutie! Hope everything is going great for you guys! We got your Christmas card, thanks for remembering us. I decided not to stress myself out with cards this year, or I would have sent you one! Take care.