Today is a beautiful day! I am so grateful for this special Holiday which helps me more fully remember and ponder the mission and life of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Last weekend was our church's world-wide General Conference. It was encouraging, uplifting, strengthening, and all-around wonderful to be taught from on High through the Lord's leaders. I know that the Prophet, apostles, and general authorities and Church leaders speak truth and divine, inspired counsel for our day as we strive to become a better, happier people and prepare for the time when Jesus will come again--- what a glorious time that will be! :) Despite the apocalyptic signs of the times, I'm pretty excited!
During the conference, one of the Twelve Apostles, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, bore a very powerful and insightful personal testimony of the true meaning of Easter by recounting our Savior's last mortal week-- particularly the profound influence of His Atonement and Resurrection. Elder Holland's conviction of and obvious deep love and appreciation for Jesus Christ pierced my heart-- and now I understand that much more how much Jesus Christ loves me, what He truly did for me, for my family-- for all of us.
I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know He lives. He is my patient, loyal, perfect Friend who helps me everyday as I try to become the person He wants me to be and obtain that fullness of happiness He intends for me, for my family-- for all of us. He truly is my Redeemer-- I know through Him I can repent and be clean and relieved from the burden of my mistakes, sins, weaknesses, and shortcomings. He understands my pains and hurts, big or small, and perfectly and lovingly empathizes and then strengthens me with the peace and rejoicing that He has overcome it all and will enable me to do the same.
I hope you have a wonderful Easter Sunday-- that it may be a truly special day, of fun and family, but most of all, of joyful reflection, sweet rejoicing, and renewed gratitude for the One who loves and lives for us all.
3 comments:
I just sent a copy of this talk to my non-member friend in Houston. How do you find these cool videos? It would have been much nicer if I had sent this!
I love that clip and that talk it was a great addition to the season! I think Easter has got to be one of my ultimate favorite holidays!
I love that clip!!
Post a Comment