Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Little Debut...

Since we bought our hard-earned SLR camera in December, I've been *loving* playing around with it. Thanks to quite a few thoughtful, patient, and super-sweet friends and family who took time to "pose" for me and let me practice this photography stuff, I've built up a little bit of a portfolio of sorts. I still have so much to learn and a long way to go to reach my goal of professional skill level, but I am SO grateful for the experience and unique opportunities I've had to learn, grow, practice, experiment, and develop and improve within this art-- and look forward to many more. :)

I've finally put together a little website with a link to the galleries of pics I've taken (mostly because my mom likes to see my photoshoot attempts ;) ). As I look through the photoshoots of my awesome friends and fam, I feel so blessed to associate with such remarkable people. I hope you enjoy their smiles, laughter, and moments, too.

So, without further adieu, a little debut....

IMG_9790


Hurray for the click, click, click, click camera! :)

14 comments:

Kierst said...

I checked out your site and I love your pictures! You do such a great job and they all look so professional.

Susan said...

Melinda! The pics are so great!! The baby pictures were just melting my heart. So sweet! Anyway, what a talent you have found for photography! I'm so impressed.

LeAnne said...

I love your pics! You do such great work. :) Where are you this summer? We are home for a job so I would love to see you!!! Plus I am having a baby and my fam is throwing a shower so I'd love to see you there too!

Drop me a line so we can connect!

Sharon Hays said...

These photos are amazing! I love them! Isn't it fun to find new hidden talents?

LittleFamilyJL said...

I just looked at your pictures, and WOW! They are so great!
You've got talent, my friend.

Amy said...

How fun! Is there anything you cannot do? :) Wonderful pictures. Maybe in two years you can have the fun challenge of trying to get our kids to stay still--and smile!! Your pictures really stirred a lot of emotion from me--really beautiful!

kjera said...

Omgosh your pics are awesome!! Yours look professional!! Good job and good luck!

Sarah Stout said...

Great pictures Mindy!

Liora said...

Melinda those are fantastic pictures!! I didn't know you were a photographer - what talent! I love them!

David and Leah said...

Mindy dear--
I am so impressed! If we lived near you I would be begging you to take our family pics! I also wanted to tell you--Sara and Sam (our family photographers) were visiting when I looked at these pics and they said you really have talent. They were really impressed and had me write down your blog address so they could look at them again and get ideas for baby pics--especially since they are finally having their own little baby boy in October! Just thought you should know--I would consider that a great compliment coming from experienced photographers! Love ya and talk to ya soon!

Julie said...

That's awesome, Melinda! Looks like you've got a real talent for photography!

Mands Glenn said...

YOU R AMAZING! Thanks for the yummy Chilli last night. Jordan and I had already eaten dinner, but we still ate the chilli and cornbread. loved it!

Maria said...

I just bearly checked out your photography blog and you are SO good, just as I had expected! I will be calling on you for sure sometime!

Amy said...

Hey! How's it going? I hope this gets to you...I was wondering what your current address is so I can send you a Christmas card!