but just seems to naturally know that they are super cool and loves to have his superheroes "save" people and "stop" the bad guys. His collection has grown from just Spiderman to Batman and Superman joining the gang. Benjamin is eagerly awaiting Ironman for Christmas. Superman is currently his top pick, which explains his determined desire to be Superman for Halloween. Since the costumes at the store were made for winter trick-or-treating, I knew I needed to make (or assemble) his Superman garb (it stayed in the 90s most of October). We got a t-shirt (a little big, but works) and Dustin found his Superman cape his older sister made him when he was a kid. Perfect! Knowing Benjamin would be estactic, I gave him his shirt and cape about 2 1/2 weeks before Halloween. He's worn them every day since. He's only takes off his cape for potty, bed, and church. Since Halloween night, he's insistent he must wear the pants we got, too. I actually love this. He feels so special, so confident, so superhero-ish with his Superman stuff. As long as I can wash the outfit occasionally, I don't mind that it's his preference of daily attire. I love that he loves to be a superhero.The best part of all of this ,though, is one morning he smiled at me, hugged my leg and said,
"Mommy is my favorite superhero."
How I love my little son! The pure joy of that moment, his adoring eyes full of love confirming his declaration with all the conviction of his little heart, is one I will cherish forever. If I am a superhero in the eyes of my child, I feel I can do anything.
6 comments:
I think you are a super hero when it comes to visit teaching too.
What a comment!!! Cherish that for ever!
i love that. you've always been one of my heroes too though. benjamin and i are on the same page.
That is way cute. Kevin actually has done the same thing, he really liked Spiderman a while ago and then Superman and then Batman. It is funny what they don't watch in movies or books but end up seeing in stores and advertised around. What in impact this world really has on us and we dont really notice. (Not saying Super heroes are a bad thing but making reference to other things we may see around, etc. Just a random thought.)
Aw you guys look so dang cute! Those cookies look mighty tastey!
that's amazing, Melinda!! You being my big sister also makes you one of my favorite "superheros". I love you sooooooooo much, Melinda. I believe that you can do whatever you put your mind too. :)
Post a Comment