Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Month Away

We had an awesome Christmas break with my whole famiy-- and then we stayed for another month. :) Dustin did an Internal Medicine rotation at one of the local hospitals (we are hoping to eventually do Dustin's residency in Missouri) and I got to hang out with my mom and sis 24/7 (with a little bit of Cody and Grampa mixed in there). My mom totally spoiled me and I enjoyed a wonderful break from "life". We plan to go back for a few more rotations and we're excited to be with our family again.

Oh, also, we bought a new SLR camera for Christmas and LOVE it! I was able to spend some quailty time playing around with it over my "break". I'm excited to learn more about my camera and photography (I've always wanted to become a good photographer...). I created a blog so I can organize what I learn and my thoughts on it all, as well as share my pictures.
Here's the link, if you're interested. :) Feedback and advice/suggestions are most appreciated, I must say! ;)

And, here's a montage of our month-- same tip goes for captions. ;)




I'd like to make a quick shout-out to Cody's sweet girlfriend, MaKenna & her mom, Melanie. They visited for a few days while we were there and I'm so glad we got to meet them!

2 comments:

M Whiting said...

It was sure great having you guys there! We love you guys so much and will be looking forward to the next time you come!;)

F Montierth said...

We bought the exact same camera after MONTHS of research! It's amazing what it can do, but I have yet to figure out how to get the little one to help out with the pictures. What do you do? Incidentally, I think you take wonderful pictures, I checked out the blog!