Monday, January 4, 2010

Our Happiest News of the Year...

Yes, you've guessed right. ;) We are expecting! And we couldn't be happier!

Some of the FAQs:

How far along? 20 weeks-- half way, yay!

So when is the due date? Around May 20-ish

Morning sick? The nausea wasn't nearly as bad as I remember (thank goodness!), which I'm sure had quite a bit to do with the fact I spent that trying first trimester virtually stress-free with my supportive, loving, and helpful family-- I can't thank my mom, dad, and sister enough for the tremendous blessing of their patience and help. I'm afraid, even being blessed to not be as sick, the fatigue was more than I remembered, so I wasn't the upbeat self I would've liked to have been during our three months living with them. Though still feeling the normal oh-so tired-ness, now that I'm well into the second trimester, I believe I'm in the clear and the worst of the sickness is finally over.

Gender? Why, yes--- I wasn't able to go to the doctor while out of town, so our first appointment was the delightful "find-out-the-gender" ultrasound when we returned.

We are all very happy to announce that it's a....



We are thrilled to continue to build our little Army of Helaman and have a new son join our family this spring! Our Benjamin and Jonathan bring us so much joy, we know another sweet little guy will fit right in and bless our family. Both our boys are very excited to meet their new "baby brother". He is healthy and growing just as he should. We are so grateful and love how our family is growing! :)

24 comments:

Susan said...

woohoo!! That's SO exciting!! 3 boys!! That's seriously awesome. :) Congratulations you guys - you have quite the string of big events coming up (seems like I did the same thing around that time ;) )... match, have a baby, graduate, move, start residency. It'll be busy, but really fun and exciting! :) Call me if you need a sitter for your boys when you have the baby. I'll be MORE than willing!

Julie said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Having three is great fun! I'm so happy for you. Hope you keep feeling well.

BensonFam said...

Congratulations! How nice that you were able to have your family with you during that difficult first trimester. Also - I LOVE the announcement picture with your sweet boys and the blocks (still can't believe how grown up they both are!)

Kierst said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys.

Jess said...

Congrats! That is such great news! You and I are due only two days apart! I too am glad that your family was there for you during the yucky first trimester. Hope you are feeling well!

Ashley said...

Congratulations you guys! How wonderful for your family!

Sara said...

I knew that was going to be your news!!! So excited for you both!!!!

Mortensen's said...

Yay! I love my Great-nephews!! Can't wait for another! Love you, Mindy!

DA & J said...

Congrats! That boy is so blessed to come into a great family like yours!

Jenny

kim said...

Congrats Melinda I am so happy for you guys!!!

The Higham Family said...

Wow!! Congrats- I'm glad you're feeling better now. Your boys do look so much older! Sooo exciting :)

Little Family Fun said...

yah!!!!!!!!
congratulations!!!!!!

Leah said...

So exciting Melinda! Congrats!

tessa said...

Yay! So exciting for you guys. All those little men to adore the queen bee:) You are a sneaky girl though. If you're five months already were you enduring sickness before you left? I'm so glad you're out of the worst now and what excellent timing to have all that help when you were sick. Glad you guys are back to play now. You're looking great. Loves!

Nunes Family said...

Congrats! So happy for you guys.

Trapper and Suzy said...

Wow! Another boy! That's wonderful!News like that makes me tear up. I'm so happy for y'all!

mommyshan said...

yahooooooo!!!! So happy for you all!

David and Leah said...

I must say, I had actually started to worry about you a bit (from the extended blogging absence) but I am so glad to hear all your great news!!! Congrats on baby #3--what a lucky kid he will be! love you and hope we can talk soon!

Jo said...

I'm so glad the word's out! Boy oh boy! Wish we could have seen you at your Mom's, so sorry! Love you lots!

Erica said...

hooray! CONGRATS! you are such a great mommy, I can't wait to meet #3!

Peck Family said...

WOW! YOU LOOK GREAT! THAT'S HOW I LOOK AFTER I DIET! :) CONGRATS. 3 BOYS!

Kristi said...

How exciting that we will both have our little boys at the same time! Congratulations to you and the rest of your boys! By the way, I'm SURE you are not any bigger than me. My stomach has doubled in size in the last week alone!!! Hopefully we can see you all some time soon.

Fei Tanner said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys! Benjamin and Johnathan are so handsome -- we need the modern day army of Helaman! your boys certainly will become such as they are being raised by you and Dustin! -- You are a special family! we miss you guys. I hope that we will be able to see you guys sometime :-)

jungleprincess said...

So glad to see that you've resurfaced! Congrats on #3! Love the babies!

I have to tell you, I cringed for you when I read about Benjamin's tooth. Pip almost lost a tooth and I was in tears at the thought... Anyway, I'm glad he's OK (and glad that he'll get a new tooth in a few years!).

I LOVE the brunette 'do!!!