Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

And CRAZIEST! Especially attempting to stay within both our financial (and my emotional) budget... and especially with our big 6 week trip coming up... leavin' FRIDAY! Whew! So...

Checked Off:
Piano Recital (Way to go, everyone! It was a very fun and festive event. I'm sure proud of my students!)
Nursery responsibilities passed off (to my very lucky asst. leader--- have fun! ;) )
Christmas shopping (it's a miracle, honestly)
Clean Toaster
Visiting Teaching (I LOVE my ladies!!!!)
Christmas cards
As of 12/17....
Piano Lessons, + write out 6 weeks worth of "assignments" (WHEW!!)
Visit our friends Bill & Sheila at the nursing home

Clean the microwave (Tara, you're unbelievable-- thanks, my angel friend-- I needed that. :) )
Family Home Evening

Still to Do...
Mend a couple of Benjamin's Superhero costumes he will be getting for Christmas
Make ornaments and gifts for family with Benjamin (and Jonathan, IF he cooperates... not likely)
Go to my Neuro Dr. appointment
Pick up Jonathan's glasses (pray they'll arrive before we leave!)

Clean everything else... maybe.... sigh....
Pack up Christmas :(
PACK for 6 WEEKS.. i yi yi.
Clean out the car for a 3-day road trip (yes, we're driving to MO...)

Not to mention...
Laundry
Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners
Grocery shopping for road trip
Pay off all those Christmas purchases on the credit card
Keeping the kiddos happy and safe (and out of trouble...) through it all

We're so excited to be with my family for Christmas and January. Getting to that point is a whole other story, but I'm sure it will work out.
Hope y'all stay sane pre-Christmas and enjoy this truly wonderful, special time of year. :)

7 comments:

tessa said...

I'm such a list maker. Just writing down what I need to do helps me feel more in control. With a list like that you should be super in control, right:) If the glasses don't come remember I'm happy to mail them. Let me know how I can help this week. We're not leaving so it's a low key C-mas for me. Have your boys come play if you'd like.

Mari Kjar said...

wow- you can do it. that's a hefty list but everyday more will transfer to the done side, i love that. we are sooooooooooooooooooooo and SOOOO looking forward to being with y'all. it will be fabulous and you'll be set. I'M SO EXCITED!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!

F Montierth said...

What's that's all I have to do as a mom?!!! ;0) Isn't it a wonder that mothers stay sane ... or perhaps we don't really and we think we do. hmmmm

Susan said...

Ahhh! That is a crazy week in prepping to leave - like Tessa, we're not leaving either (until after Christmas anyway).. so send your kids over to play for a bit if you want. :) I need to make a list too of stuff I need to do before Christmas comes, but we are at least done shopping for our kids! That feels good - I'm saving the wrapping till Christmas eve. :)

M Whiting said...

sounds like you're busy, but I know you can do it. I'm looking forward to seeing you!!! The anticipation of waiting for you guys to come is unbearable!!! :)

LeAnne said...

Hey busy girl! I got your ADORABLE Christmas letter yesterday in the mail. It totally made my day. :) Sounds like you guys have had one busy and rewarding year. I think we are going to miss each other this season; we are leaving AZ on the 6th. But hopefully we can catch up one of these days.

Merry Christmas!

Love ya!

jungleprincess said...

Glad you guys made it out. I got your message and would be happy to check your mail for you. I left a message on the cell number we have for you, but the voicemail was garbled and I couldn't tell if it was you or not (don't know if you still have that number). Anyway, give me a call and let me know where to find the key. Have fun in St. Louis!